Saturday, January 8, 2011

Teen Read: New Book Reviews

Teen reads on a children's blog? What can I say, I'm branching out! Actually, I've been reading teen books, or Young Adult Literature, for over a year, now. I'm a huge fan of paranormal and fantasy. There are so many wonderful books in this genre.

The books in the YA section of the library or book store are so vibrant and promising-- just like teenagers. I like picking up a book that doesn't rely on sex or violence to drive the plot. I also enjoy experiencing life from the perspective of someone who is feeling everything for the first time. Most of the protagonists are between the ages of 16 and 18 and are embarking on an adventure for the first time in their lives.

Not only do I enjoy reading teen books, but I think they can be appropriate for young readers who read at a higher level than books written for their age. I started reading adult books when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, mostly because I had read everything in the children's section. I started with mysteries and branched out to romances. A good teen book with have elements of both of these genres with a good dose of fantasy thrown in. I'm excited to share my love for teen reads, so please check back in for more reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!