Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Simple Science: Ivory Soap in the Microwave


I've never really been comfortable with science. I zone out when someone (uh-hum, husband) tries to explain WHY something works. I prefer to be in wonder, just like my little man. You'll find lots of fun science ideas on this blog, but if you want to know why or how it works, you'll have to Google it!

We put a bar of Ivory soap in the microwave for 3 minutes. Cool!


I expected the texture of the product to be like foam, hence the whisk and food coloring. However, it was hard. Bobo chose to explore with the tongs.


Then, he got serious.


Last, we brought the experiment to bath time.

learning laboratory at mama smiles

3 comments:

  1. we have not attempted this yet, though I have it pinned ;) Looks like fun! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I agree. It is better to be in wonder and awe than know all the facts on the how and why! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids LOVE doing this!!! Thanks for sharing with Learning Laboratory :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!