Saturday, August 25, 2012

WMCIR: Halloween


We are still reading Monster Mash every evening. During our visit to the library this week, Bobo chose more monster books. He chose the Halloween Book by Jane Bull. I found some make-up at Menards, they also have costumes out! Bobo dressed up like a skeleton.


Algernon Graeves wants to dress as the scariest thing possible. He finds lots of options in his attic: ghost, mummy, vampire. I love the repetitive nature of the book and the juxtaposition of scary possibilities and comical outcomes.


The only white in this book are the ghosts! It is so cool. The way the story unfolds gives the child the opportunity to guess what will happen before turning each page. Bobo's asked for this one several times this week.

See what other blogger's children are reading at Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I love monster books too.
    Gruffalo and Go Away Big Green Monster and the Gunnywolf also come to mind.
    I haven't read the Algernon- but I just requested it- thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!