Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Messy Learning Lab: Water Beads for Babies


You may be thinking, "How can water be messy?" These activities are all water-based, so the clean-up is a breeze. Introducing water beads to the library is probably going to be my claim to fame. No one at the library has ever heard of these, which means none of them are reading my blog!


Me, being the Queen of Worry, placed the water bead bin on a regular height table. I repeatedly warned, "Do Not EAT this." I had nightmares prior to the event of the sweet babies being rushed to the emergency room. But after several minutes, I did this...


Thankfully, the parents were on top of security, I mean paying careful attention with this activity. I didn't want  the under three crowd to feel left out, so I made them "baby water beads."


I filled the other bin with enough water for the ball-pit balls to float.


See, there is no way that ball is fitting in that mouth!


The boys love water beads. Everyone survived and had a great time! I think my small town may run low on water beads for the next couple of months.

I'll be sharing more water-based, messy activities this week. In the other messy play room, I finally planned glow-in-the-dark sensory play. Don't miss it.

Sharing with Tuesday Tots and Kids Co-Op

4 comments:

  1. My kids and I just recently played with water beads for the first time and they are AWESOME! Glad the kids in your town got to experience them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a lovely idea giving the babies something to play with too. That is one big tub of waterbeads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love using their ball pit balls for all sorts of things, including in the water! Such a good idea! I featured this post in this week's kid's co-op on my blog. You can check it out here:

    http://www.homelearningjourney.com/the-weekly-kids-co-op-1227/#

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!